Maria Piva, Esq.
Awards and Recognition
HNBA Top 40 Under 40 Award, 2017 Recipient
Order of Emory Advocates, 2014
Maria Piva is an attorney at Goldstein & Company. Her practice focuses on aircraft accident defense, construction litigation, complex commercial litigation, commercial transactions, and real estate matters.
Maria applies “outside the box” thinking when working on matters, whether they be disputes or transactions. Though a fearless and sharp litigator, Maria’s practice has evolved to also include transactional matters where she applies her litigation experience to achieve the most effective results. Maria’s dynamism and tenacity make her an asset to the firm.
As a law student, Maria clerked with the Impact Litigation Unit at the Southern Center for Human Rights. Immediately after graduation she served as a judicial fellow for the Honorable Beatrice A. Butchko at the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Maria is a native Spanish speaker and represents domestic and international clients. She is licensed to practice law in Florida, Georgia and New York.
- Juris Doctor, Emory University School of Law, with honors
- Moot Court
- Latin American Law Student Association, President
- Bachelor of Arts, Florida International University
Service and Community Involvement
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class VIII
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Deputy Regional President, Region VIII (Florida)
- Young Lawyers Division Chair, Region VIII (Florida)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member